Peppermint oil contains many benefits for skin and hair compounds, learn how to use it, and the benefits of peppermint oil for skin and hair.
Peppermint oil is extracted from mint herbs through evaporation distillation, and it is one of the most important volatile oils with a strong aromatic odor. Let us know the following about its benefits for skin and hair.
Benefits of peppermint oil for the skin
- Peppermint oil gives dry skin the natural oils it needs and restores balance. It is also useful in getting rid of dark spots, and blemishes.
- Peppermint oil works to lighten the skin and unify the color. It has a role in reducing puffiness under the eyes, and it also works to eliminate dark circles.
- Useful in treating acne.It cleanses the skin, as it works to get rid of its imperfections.
Benefits of peppermint oil for hair
Although peppermint oil is often referred to as an effective essential oil for many hair problems, there are very limited studies on its effectiveness for hair.
- Stimulates hair growth: Peppermint oil is used as a hair loss treatment because it contains menthol, which helps dilate blood vessels and increase blood flow to hair follicles, which leads to faster hair growth and thicker hair.
- Promotes healthy scalp: Peppermint oil has strong anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties, thus relieving many problems that may occur with hair, such as: dandruff, dermatitis, and itching, which in turn contributes to promoting a healthy scalp.
- Suitable for oily hair: One of the most prominent benefits of peppermint oil for hair is that it is used for people with oily hair, as it helps control the production of oils in the hair, get rid of excess fat, and increases hair hydration.
Tips on using peppermint oil for hair
- The high concentration of menthol in peppermint oil irritates the skin and scalp of some people and others may suffer from sensitivity, so it is advised to check it on a small area before using it.
- Peppermint oil is recommended for people who suffer from oily hair and scalp problems, while it is not recommended for people who suffer from dry scalp or brittle hair.
- It is recommended to dilute peppermint oil with other carrier oils, as its use alone leads to a feeling of burning and tingling, so the hair should be washed immediately when feeling the burning sensation and consult a doctor if irritation and burning persists in the head, to prescribe the appropriate treatment.
- Be careful while using the oil and avoid getting it in the eyes to prevent problems and other side effects.